A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology
Copyright © 2011 Blackwell Publishing, Ltd.
Editor(s): David B. Kronenfeld, Giovanni Bennardo, Victor C. de Munck, Michael D. Fischer
Published Online: 14 JUL 2011 10:30AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405187787
Online ISBN: 9781444394931
About this Book
A Companion to Cognitive Anthropology offers a comprehensive overview of the development of cognitive anthropology from its inception to the present day and presents recent findings in the areas of theory, methodology, and field research in twenty-nine key essays by leading scholars.
- Demonstrates the importance of cognitive anthropology as an early constituent of the cognitive sciences
- Examines how culturally shared and complex cognitive systems work, how they are structured, how they differ from one culture to another, how they are learned and passed on
- Explains how cultural (or collective) vs. individual knowledge distinguishes cognitive anthropology from cognitive psychology
- Examines recent theories and methods for studying cognition in real-world scenarios
- Contains twenty-nine key essays by leading names in the field