The Dirty Work of Neoliberalism: Cleaners in the Global Economy
Copyright © 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Luis L M Aguiar, Andrew Herod
Published Online: 16 MAY 2012 05:43AM EST
Print ISBN: 9781405156363
Online ISBN: 9781444397406
About this Book
About The Product
In this collection of essays, an international group of scholars investigate the global building cleaning industry to reveal the extent of neoliberalism's impact on cleaners.
- This book provides the first intensive study focusing on building cleaners and their global experiences
- Brings together an international group of scholars and experts to investigate different national contexts and examples
- Draws out important commonalities and highlights significant differences in these experiences
- Examines topics including erosion of cleaners' industrial citizenship rights, the impact of outsourcing upon their working conditions, economic security, and the intensification of their work and its negative effects on physical health
- Considers how cleaners are mobilizing to resist and respond to the restructuring of their work.