The Optics Encyclopedia
Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9783527600441
About this Book
A wealth of information complete with practical applications
With around 100 expert articles in 5 volumes, The Optics Encyclopedia is a rapid reference for skilled professionals, while newcomers from physics and engineering will appreciate its readily comprehensible style and structure.
Contributions range from classical optics right up to the latest applications, including:
- IT and telecommunications
- optical sensing and metrology
- material processing
- optical components and systems
- laser design and technology.
A selection of highlight articles:
- Laser cooling and trapping of neutral atoms
- Optical design
- Geometric optics
- Solid state lasers
- Digital photography
- Optical metrology
- Physiological optics
- X-ray optics
The international team of editors has ensured fast access to the wealth of information available, with each carefully-reviewed article featuring:
- an abstract
- a detailed table of contents
- continuous cross-referencing
- references to the most pertinent publications in the field, and
- suggestions for further reading – both introductory as well as highly specialized.
The result is critical selection covering all aspects of modern photonics, presented in a methodological and pedagogical manner.