Charge and Energy Transfer Dynamics in Molecular Systems, Second Edition
Copyright © 2004 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Author(s): Dr. Volkhard May, Dr. Oliver Kühn
Published Online: 22 DEC 2007
Print ISBN: 9783527403967
Online ISBN: 9783527602575
About this Book
About The Product
This second edition is based on the successful concept of the first edition in presenting a unified perspective on molecular charge and energy transfer processes. The authors bridge the regimes of coherent and dissipative dynamics, thus establishing the connection between classic rate theories and modern treatments of ultrafast phenomena. The book serves as an introduction for graduate students and researchers.
Among the new topics of this second edition are
- semiclassical and quantum-classical hybrid formulations of molecular dynamics
- the basics of femtosecond nonlinear spectroscopy
- electron transfer through molecular bridges and proteins
- multidimensional tunneling in proton transfer reactions
- two-exciton states and exciton annihilation in biological and nonbiological chromophore complexes
More illustrating examples as well as an enlarged reference list are added. A new chapter gives an introduction into the theory of laser pulse control of molecular transfer processes.