Nanotechnologies for the Life Sciences
Copyright © 1999-2012 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9783527610419
About this Book
Bringing Nanomaterials to Life
Combining the two highly acclaimed reference works – Nanotechnology for the Life Science and Nanomaterials for the Life Sciences - this first comprehensive source will give you a unique perspective to the fascinating field where nanoscale materials and living matter meet. The only reference work of this magnitude, it provides a broad, yet in-depth perspective of numerous facets.
Written by and for scientists and engineers from all the disciplines involved, Nanotechnologies for the Life Sciences serves as a cross-disciplinary major reference work.
As such, Nanotechnologies for the Life Sciences:
- Offers an in-depth overview of all nanomaterials and their synthesis methods and nanoscale technologies and fabrication methods in materials science towards life sciences
- Covers the complete range of synthetic methods, tools and techniques being developed towards medical, biological, and cybernetic applications
- Reviews existing technologies as well as current developments
- Includes tailor-made nanomaterials with widespread new opportunities and application fields in biology, medicine, and pharmacy
- Provides essential awareness of life science applications to materials researchers and, vice versa, of the performance of nanomaterials to the life sciences in academia, fundamental research and industrial development, in fact, for all those interested in applying "nano thinking" in the life sciences.