Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9783527610433
About this Book
The Corrosion Handbook - the most comprehensive source of corrosion data...
The DECHEMA Corrosion Handbook represents a comprehensive collection of knowledge that is unique both in scope as well as content. It covers corrosion data and the chemical resistance of all technically important metallic, non-metallic, inorganic and organic materials in contact with aggressive media. Furthermore, it describes methods of corrosion protection and prevention. This makes it the prime information source worldwide for the selection of materials for equipment in which corrosive media are handled or processed.
The Corrosion Handbook ...helps hold damage at bay
Faced with the task of optimizing a given environment-material system, readers of this work will find answers to the following:
· Is there information available on the behavior of the material under consideration in a particular medium?
· Which materials are out of question for the proposed purpose?
· Which materials can be used without hesitation in the medium concerned?
· What are the conditions under which a less resistant, less costly material will give satisfactory service?
· Which material offers best performance for value under the given circumstances?
· What protective measures exist: inhibitors, coatings, cathodic protection, etc.?