Production-Integrated Environmental Protection and Waste Management in the Chemical Industry
Copyright © 1999 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH
Editor(s): Claus Christ
Published Online: 20 DEC 2007
Print ISBN: 9783527288540
Online ISBN: 9783527613861
About this Book
Production-integrated environmental protection is synonymous with
- reducing the amount of potential pollutants at source
- reducing the consumption of resources and energy
- recycling and utilization of residues and used products,
and therefore a topic of considerable current interest.
No chemical process exists that produces only the product desired. Therefore it is an important aim of the chemical industry to reduce the environmental effects of residues of chemical processes.
This can be achieved by:
- optimizing processes
- applying new synthesis routes
- improving selectivity
- replacing auxiliaries that have a harmful effect on the environment
- production-integrated recovery of residues
to name just a few possibilities.
If you want to know more about them, have a look at Protection-Integrated Environmental Protection and Waste Management. There you will find examples from the chemical industry where modification of existing manufacturing processes or the design of new processes has led to reduction of environmental pollution. Data from companies are given who operate world-wide reflecting a multi national situation.