Active Metals: Preparation, Characterization, Applications
Copyright © 1996 VCH Verlagsgesellschaft mbH
Editor(s): Alois Fürstner
Published Online: 13 DEC 2007
Print ISBN: 9783527292073
Online ISBN: 9783527615179
About this Book
Reactions with metals are ubiquitous in organic synthesis and, particularly in the last few years, a large repertoire of methods for the activation of metals and for their use in organic synthesis has been developed. In Active Metals, topics ranging from morphology of metal clusters and nanometallurgy to organometallic chemistry, catalysis and the use of activated metals in natural product synthesis are authoritatively discussed by leading experts in the field.
Active Metals will allow you to fully benefit from the recent advances in the field by giving:
* Detailed experimental procedures
* Guidance on manipulation of active metals under inert atmosphere
* Valuable information for planning syntheses
* Extensive tables of typical conversions with yields
* Critically selected, up-to-date references
This handbook is a unique source of 'hands-on' information which will allow you to expand the scope of your research.