Extrusion-Cooking Techniques: Applications, Theory and Sustainability
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Editor(s): Leszek Moscicki
Published Online: 14 FEB 2011 08:42AM EST
Print ISBN: 9783527328888
Online ISBN: 9783527634088
About this Book
Offering an engineering perspective and the latest information on the application of this rapidly expanding technique, this practical book covers the technology, engineering, materials and products, as well as economic and ecological aspects. In addition to the theory, it also utilizes case studies that can easily be put into industrial practice.
Each step of the process is discussed in terms of sustainability, and all data complies with the EU and FTA environmental regulations.
Invaluable reading for food chemists and technologists, process engineers, chemists in industry, agricultural scientists, and chemical engineers.
From the Contents:
* Engineering Aspects of Extrusion
* Raw Materials in the Production of Extrudates
* Production of Breakfast Cereals, Snack Pellets, Baby Food and more
* Extrusion Technique in Confectionery
* Pet Food and Aquafeed
* Extrusion-Cooking in Waste Management and Paper Pulp Processing
* Thermoplastic Starch
* Process Automation
* Scale-Up of Extrusion-Cooking in Single-Screw Extruders