Solar Energy Conversion: Chemical Aspects
Copyright © 2012 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Author(s): Prof. Gertz Likhtenshtein
Published Online: 21 MAR 2012 07:15AM EST
Print ISBN: 9783527328741
Online ISBN: 9783527647668
About this Book
Finally filling a gap in the literature for a text that also adopts the chemist's view of this hot topic, Professor Likhtenshtein, an experienced
author and internationally renowned scientist, considers different physical and engineering aspects in solar energy conversion.
From theory to real-life systems, he shows exactly which chemical reactions take place when converting light energy, providing an overview of the chemical perspective from fundamentals to molecular harvesting systems and solar cells.
This essential guide will thus help researchers in academia and industry better understand solar energy conversion, and so ultimately
help this promising, multibillion dollar fi eld to expand.
From the contents:
* Electron Transfer Theories
* Principle Stages of Photosynthetic Light Energy Conversion
* Photochemical Systems of Light Energy Conversion
* Redox Processes on Surface of Semiconductors and Metals
* Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
* Photocatalytic Reduction and Oxidation of Water