Copyright © The American Physiological Society
Online ISBN: 9780470650714
Editor(s): David M. Pollock
About this Book
Comprehensive Physiology is the most authoritative and comprehensive collection of physiology information ever assembled, and uses the most powerful features of review journals and electronic reference works to cover the latest key developments in the field, through the most authoritative articles on the subjects covered.
This makes Comprehensive Physiology a valued reference work on the evolving science of physiology for both researchers and clinicians. It also provides a useful teaching tool for instructors and an informative resource for medical students and other students in the life and health sciences.
The quarterly serial format of Comprehensive Physiology means it is indexed in the major indexing and abstracting services, including MEDLINE/PubMed and TRSI (formerly ISI).
As of 2014, Comprehensive Physiology has an Impact factor of 4.739.
Overseeing the ongoing editorial and scientific development of Comprehensive Physiology is a distinguished Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) sponsored by the American Physiological Society and chaired by Editor-in-Chief David M. Pollock. The EAB in turn recruits a world-class team of specialist Topic Editors who assign articles and recruit authors. For a full listing of Editors, go to the Editors page.
Additionally, Comprehensive Physiology comprises an archive of more than 30,000 pages of content from the American Physiological Society's renowned Handbook of Physiology (HoP), which was published as a series of books from 1977 to 2008: presented here for the first time in digital format.
Log in as an APS Member for free access
Attention APS Members!
If you have already logged into Comprehensive Physiology via the APS site, there is no need to log in again here. Just click on one of the choices under 'Find Articles' to the left and you will have full access to the content.
If you haven't yet logged in, you may have difficulty accessing the content. Just go to Comprehensive Physiology on the APS website to log in using your APS member credentials.
Welcome to Comprehensive Physiology
- A dynamic online quarterly review journal with the breadth and depth of a reference work A world-class editorial team comprising leading names in the field
- Fully citable content, indexed in major indexing and abstracting services, including MEDLINE/PubMed and TRSI
- Includes more than 30,000 pages of classic content digitized from the prestigious Handbook of Physiology series
- As an online reference work, articles can be updated when new information is available
- Find the information you need by searching or browsing by keywords, topic, or issue