Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Processes
Copyright 2009 by the American Geophysical Union.
Editor(s): Corinne Le Quéré, Eric S. Saltzman
Published Online: 20 MAR 2013
Print ISBN: 9780875904771
Online ISBN: 9781118670330
Book Series: Geophysical Monograph Series
About this Book
Published by the American Geophysical Union as part of the Geophysical Monograph Series, Volume 187.
The focus of Surface Ocean: Lower Atmosphere Processes is biogeochemical interactions between the surface ocean and the lower atmosphere. This volume is an outgrowth of the Surface Ocean-Lower Atmosphere Study (SOLAS) Summer School. The volume is designed to provide graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and researchers from a wide range of academic backgrounds with a basis for understanding the nature of ocean-atmosphere interactions and the current research issues in this area.
The volume highlights include the following:
- Background material on ocean and atmosphere structure, circulation, and chemistry and on marine ecosystems
- Integrative chapters on the global carbon cycle and ocean biogeochemistry
- Issue-oriented chapters on the iron cycle and dimethylsulfide
- Tool-oriented chapters on biogeochemical modeling and remote sensing
- A framework of underlying physical/chemical/biological principles, as well as perspectives on current research issues in the field.
The readership for this book will include graduate students and/or advanced undergraduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and researchers in the fields of oceanography and atmospheric science. It will also be useful for experienced researchers in specific other disciplines who wish to broaden their perspectives on the complex biogeochemical coupling between ocean and atmosphere and the importance of this coupling to understanding global change.