Geodynamics: Progress and Prospects
Copyright © 1976 by the American Geophysical Union.
Editor(s): Charles L. Drake
Published Online: 21 MAR 2013
Print ISBN: 9780875902036
Online ISBN: 9781118664902
Book Series: Special Publications
About this Book
Published by the American Geophysical Union as part of the Special Publications Series.
In 1970 the President of ICSU invited member countries to establish national committees for the Geodynamics Project. At the same time the Inter-Union Commission on Geodynamics was established to administer the activities of the Project.
To implement its activities, the ICG established ten Working Groups that are not organized as listed below:
1. Geodynamics of the Western Pacific-Indonesian region.
2. Geodynamics of the Eastern Pacific Region, Caribbean and Scotia arcs.
3. Geodynamics of the Alpine-Himalayan Region, West.
4. Geodynamics of Continental and Oceanic Rifts.
5. Properties and Processes in the Earth's Interior.
6. Geodynamics of the Alpine-Himalayan region, East.
7. Geodynamics of Plate Interiors.
8. Convections between Continental and Oceanic Structures.
9. History and Interaction of Tectonic, Magmatic and Metamorphic Processes.
10. Global Syntheses and Paleoreconstruction.