HISTORICAL THERMOMETER EXPOSURES IN AUSTRALIA
Article first published online: 4 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1996 The Royal Meteorological Society
International Journal of Climatology
Volume 16, Issue 6, pages 705–710, June 1996
How to Cite
Nicholls, N., Tapp, R., Burrows, K. and Richards, D. (1996), HISTORICAL THERMOMETER EXPOSURES IN AUSTRALIA. Int. J. Climatol., 16: 705–710. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0088(199606)16:6<705::AID-JOC30>3.0.CO;2-S
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 1998
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 SEP 1995
- Manuscript Received: 10 JUL 1995
- Anonymous, 1877. Weather Warnings for Watchers, by ‘The Clerk’ Himself. Houlston and Sons, London, pp 50–51.
- 1919. Victorian Meteorological Statistics, Government Printer, Melbourne.
- 1897. Meteorological Report for the Year 1894, Government Printer Perth, 18 pp.
- 1898. Meteorological Report for the Year 1897, Government Printer, Perth, 18 pp.
- 1906. Meteorological Observations made at the Perth Observatory and other places in Western Australia during the Year 1904, Government Printer, Perth, 144 pp.
- 1888. Account of the Operations of the Weather Bureau and List of Stations, Queensland Post and Telegraph Department report, 2 July, 1888, 5 pp.
- 1886. Meteorological Report for the Year 1885, Government Printer, Perth, 16 pp. plus diagrams.
- 1995. ‘Comment on D. E. Parker, “Effects of changing exposure of thermometers at land stations”’, Int. J. Climatology, 15, 231–234.
- 1907a. Report of Commonwealth Meteorologist on Inspection of State Meteorological Services. MSS available in National Meteorological Library, Melbourne, 54 pp.
- 1907b. Report of Meteorological Conference, Melbourne, May 1907. Published in papers of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia, July 1907, 24 pp.
- 1916. Results of Rainfall Observations made in New South Wales during 1909–1914, Government Printer, Melbourne, 222 pp.
- 1918. Results of Rainfall Observations made in South Australia and the Northern Territory, Government Printer, Melbourne, 421 pp.
- 1994. ‘Effects of changing exposure of thermometers at land stations’, Int. J. Climatol., 14, 1–31.
- 1995. ‘Effects of changing exposures of thermometers at land stations: a reply’, Int. J. Climatol., 15, 235.
- 1992. Comparison of Temperature Measures, Report for Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre, Swinburne University of Technology, November 1992, 176 pp. , , , , and
- 1993. Differences in Temperature Recordings between the Glaisher Stand and Stevenson Screen, Report for Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre, Swinburne University of Technology, October 1993, 123 pp. , and
- 1875. Instructions in the Use of Meteorological Instruments. Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, pp 41–42.
- 1907. Elementary Meteorology, Kegan Paul Tench Trubner and Co., London, pp 35–36.
- 1906. Meteorological Observations, 1904, Government Printer, Adelaide, 95 pp.
- 1993. ‘Inhomogeneities in the Australian temperature record’, Reprints, AMS Symposium on Meteorological Observations and Instrumentation, January 1993, Anaheim, California. and
- 1886. Meteorological Inspection and Proposals for a New Meteorological Organisation, Report to the Colonial Secretary, Brisbane, presented to the Queensland Parliament, 14 pp.
- 1896. Meteorology of Tasmania, Report to a Select Committee of the House of Assembly, Tasmania. Printed at the Examiner Office, Launceston.