Cancer incidence and mortality, 1973-1995
A report card for the U. S.
Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2000
Copyright © 1998 American Cancer Society
Volume 82, Issue 6, pages 1197–1207, 15 March 1998
How to Cite
Wingo, P. A., Ries, L. A. G., Rosenberg, H. M., Miller, D. S. and Edwards, B. K. (1998), Cancer incidence and mortality, 1973-1995. Cancer, 82: 1197–1207. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0142(19980315)82:6<1197::AID-CNCR26>3.0.CO;2-0
- Issue online: 31 OCT 2000
- Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 DEC 1997
- Manuscript Received: 24 DEC 1997
- 1Births and deaths: United States, 1995. Monthly vital statistics report. Volume 45. No. 3. Supplement 2. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics, 1996., , , .
- 5RiesLAG, KosaryCL, HankeyBF, MillerBA, CleggL, EdwardsBK, editors. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1973-1995. Bethesda (MD): National Cancer Institute; 1998 NIH Pub. No. 98-2789.
- 6PercyC, Van HoltenV, MuirC, editors. International classification of diseases for oncology. 2nd edition. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1990.
- 7National Center for Health Statistics. Vital statistics of the United States, 1973-1995. Volume 2. Mortality. Parts A and B. Washington, DC: Public Health Service. 1977- 1976-1997.
- 8U.S. Department of Health Education and Welfare, National Center for Health Statistics. Eighth Revision International Classification of Diseases, Adapted for use in the United States. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office; 1967 Public Health Service Pub. No. 1693.
- 9World Health Organization. Manual of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases, Injuries, and Causes of Death, based on the recommendations of the Ninth Revision Conference, 1975. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1977.
- 10United States Bureau of the Census: U.S. Population Estimates by County, Age, Sex, Race, and Hispanic Origin: July 1 Estimates for 1990 to 1996. Washington, DC. Unpublished data received by the National Cancer Institute during November 1997.
- 11Applied regression analysis and other multivariable methods. Boston: PWS-KENT Publishing Company, 1988., , .
- 14CusanoMM, YoungJL, editors. Forty-five years of cancer incidence in Connecticut: 1935-79. National Cancer Institute Monograph 70. Bethesda (MD): National Cancer Institute; 1986 NIH Pub. No. 86-2652.
- 15National Center for Health Statistics. Health, United States, 1995. Hyattsville, MD: Public Health Service, 1996.
- 16Cancer risk report: prevention and control, 1996. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 1997., , .
- 25Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV/AIDS surveillance report. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1997; 9 (1): 3-4.
- 26FeinleibM, ZarateAO, editors. Reconsidering age-adjustment procedures: workshop proceedings. Vital and Health Statistics. Series 4. No. 29. Washington, DC: National Center for Health Statistics, 1992.
- 27State cancer registries. status of authorizing legislation and enabling regulations- United States, October 1993. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1994; 43: 71-5.
- 28HoweHL, LehnherrM, editors. Cancer incidence in North America, 1989-1993. Volume 1. Incidence. Sacramento, CA: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, 1997.