Breast and cervical carcinoma
The correlation of activity limitations and rurality with screening, disease incidence, and mortality
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2000
Copyright © 1999 American Cancer Society
Volume 86, Issue 6, pages 1087–1094, 15 September 1999
How to Cite
Schootman, M. and Fuortes, L. J. (1999), Breast and cervical carcinoma. Cancer, 86: 1087–1094. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0142(19990915)86:6<1087::AID-CNCR27>3.0.CO;2-I
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2000
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 7 APR 1999
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 APR 1999
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 1999
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Grant Numbers: U57/CCU710966-0, U59/CCU703369-10-1
- 1U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to clinical preventive services. 2nd edition. Alexandria, VA: International Medical Publishing, Inc., 1996.
- 2Disability in America: toward a national agenda for prevention. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1991., .
- 3Use of cervical and breast cancer screening among women with and without functional limitations. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1998; 47: 853–6., .
- 5NIH concensus statement: cervical cancer. 1996;April 1–3,14: 1–38.
- 6Disability in Iowa. results from the 1995 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Des Moines, IA: Iowa Department of Public Health, 1997..
- 7Population projections for state, by age, sex, race, and Hispanic origin: 1995–2025. PPL-47. U.S. Bureau of the Census, Population Division, 1996..
- 8U.S. Bureau of the Census, Population Estimates Program, Population Division, Washington, DC. ST-97-1 estimates of the population of states: annual time series, July 1, 1990, to July 1, 1997.
- 9U.S. Bureau of the Census. 1990 Census of Population and Housing, “Population and Housing Unit Counts,” CPH-2-1, 1995.
- 12Understanding variation in the surgical treatment of early stage breast cancer. Diss Abstr Int B 1995; 55: 2676..
- 15National Cancer Institute. SEER*Stat for Windows 95/NT, Version 1.1. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Cancer Statistics Branch, 1998.
- 19Self-reported use of mammography and insurance status among women aged ≥40 years: United States, 1991–1992 and 1996–1997. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1998; 47: 825–30., , , , , , et al.
- 21Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Primary care provider adherence to screening guidelines for breast and cervical cancer: a literature review. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1991.