M. Montgomery and J. Litvin contributed equally to this work.
The rostro-caudal position of cardiac myocytes affect their fate †
Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2000
Copyright © 2000 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 218, Issue 1, pages 123–135, May 2000
How to Cite
Patwardhan, V., Fernandez, S., Montgomery, M. and Litvin, J. (2000), The rostro-caudal position of cardiac myocytes affect their fate . Dev. Dyn., 218: 123–135. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0177(200005)218:1<123::AID-DVDY11>3.0.CO;2-6
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2000
- Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JAN 2000
- Manuscript Received: 14 JUL 1999
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: HL52052-04
- 1982. Immunochemical analysis of myosin heavy chain during avian myogenesis in vivo and in vitro. J Cell Biol 95:763–770. , , .
- 1991. Identification and characterization of a ventricular specific myosin heavy chain VMHC1: Expression in differentiating cardiac and skeletal muscle. Dev Biol 148:355–364. , .
- 1963. Organization of the cardiogenic plate in the early chick embryo. Acta Embryol Morphol Exp 6:26–38. .
- 1965. Morphogenesis of the vertebrate heart. In DeHaanRL, UrsprungH, editors. Organogenesis. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston, Inc. p 377–420. .
- 1999. Lack of regulation in the heart forming region of avian embryos. Dev Biol 207:163–175. , .
- 1997. Fashioning the vertebrate heart: Earliest embryonic decisions. Development 124:2099–2117. , .
- 1993. Primitive streak origin of the cardiovascular system in avian embryos. Dev Biol 159:706–719. , .
- 1990. In vitro analysis of cardiac progenitor cell differentiation. Dev Biol 139:197–209. , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88:49–92. , .
- 1993. Regulative ability of the prospective cardiogenic and vasculogenic areas of the primitive streak during avian gastrulation. Dev Dyn 197: 57–68. , , .
- 1986. Precardiac cell migration: Fibronectin localization at mesoderm-endoderm interface during directional movement. Dev Biol 114:87–101. , .
- 1988. A role for fibronectin in the migration of avian precardiac cells. II. Rotation of the heart forming region during different stages and its effects. Dev Biol 129:324–329. , .
- 1997. N-Cadherin-catenin interaction: Necessary component of cardiac cell compartmentalization during early vertebrate heart development. Dev Biol 185:148–164. , , .
- 1992. Commitment and differentiation of cardiac myocytes. Trends Cardiovasc Med 2:27–32. , , , , .
- 1994. Staging of commitment and differentiation of avian cardiac myocytes. Dev Biol 164:63–72. , , , .
- 1996. Molecular pathways controlling heart development. Science 272: 671–676. , .
- 1991. The effects of retinoic acid on heart formation in the early chick embryo. Development 113:1405–1417. , , , .
- 1943. The heart forming areas of the early chick blastoderm. Physiol Zool 16:22–42. .
- 1970. Location and movements of cardiogenic cells in the chick embryo: The heart-forming portion of the primitive streak. Dev Biol 22:461–475. .
- 1944. Early history and mechanics of the chick blastoderm. A review. Quart Rev Biol 19:187–212. .
- 1989. The specification of heart mesoderm occurs during gastrulation in Xenopus laevis. Development 105:821–830. , .
- 1990. The restriction of the heart morphogenetic field in Xenopuslaevis. Dev Biol 140:328–336. , .
- 1988. Development of cardiac beat rate in early chick embryo is regulated by regional cues. Dev Biol 129:103–113. , , .
- 1969. The precardiac areas and formation of the tubular heart in the chick embryo. Dev Biol 19:128–159. , .
- 1995. Relationship between fibronectin expression during gastrulation and heart formation in the rat embryo. Dev Dyn 204:259–277. , , .
- 1992. Whole mount in situ hybridization of vertebrate embryos. In WilkinsonDG, editor. In situ hybridization: A practical approach. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. p 75–83. .
- 1995. Diversification of cardiomyogenic cell lineages during early heart development. Circ Res 77:216–219. , .
- 1995. Diversification of cardiomyogenic cell lineage in vitro. Dev Biol 170:531–541. , , .
- 1994. Expression of the atrial specific myosin heavy chain AMHC1 and the establishment of anteroposterior polarity in the developing chicken heart. Development 120:871–883. , , .