Hypoplasia of cushion ridges in the proximal outflow tract elicits formation of a right ventricle-to-aortic route in retinoic acid-induced complete transposition of the great arteries in the mouse: Scanning electron microscopic observations of corrosion cast models
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1996 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 245, Issue 1, pages 76–82, May 1996
How to Cite
Nakajima, Y., Hiruma, T., Nakazawa, M. and Morishima, M. (1996), Hypoplasia of cushion ridges in the proximal outflow tract elicits formation of a right ventricle-to-aortic route in retinoic acid-induced complete transposition of the great arteries in the mouse: Scanning electron microscopic observations of corrosion cast models. Anat. Rec., 245: 76–82. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0185(199605)245:1<76::AID-AR12>3.0.CO;2-6
- Issue online: 6 DEC 1998
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 AUG 1995
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 1995
- 1963 The site of trypan blue in cardiac teratogenesis. Anat. Rec., 147: 507–523.
- 1974 Morphogenesis of bulboventricular malformations: II. Observations on malformed hearts. Br. Heart J., 36: 948–970. , , , , and
- 1984 The development of the aortic channel when it arises from the right ventricle: an analytical experimental approach to the morphogenesis of transposition of the great arteries. In: Congenital Heart Disease: Causes and Processes. J. J.Nora and A.Takao, eds. Futura, Mount Kisco, NY, pp. 531–542. , and
- 1981 Effects of vitamin A on endocardial cushion development in the mouse heart. Teratology, 24: 139–148. , and
- 1956 An ontogenetic theory for the explanation of congenital malformations involving the truncus and conus. Am. Heart J., 51: 782–805. , and
- 1990 Retinoic acid receptors and retinoic binding proteins: I. A systemic study of their differential pattern of transcription during mouse organogenesis. Development, 110: 1133–1151. , , , , and
- 1972 The conotruncus: I. Its normal inversion and conus absorption. Circulation, 46: 375–384. , and
- 1993 Non-overlapping expression of CRBP I and CRABP I during pattern formation of limbs and craniofacial structures in the early mouse embryo. Development, 117: 451–460. , , and
- 1990 All-trans retinoic acid-induced cardiovascular malformations. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 588: 387–388. , , and
- 1967 The development of the arterial outflow tract in the chick embryo heart. Anat. Rec., 158: 35–42.
- 1992 The Atlas of Mouse Development. Academic Press, London.
- 1983 Neural crest cells contribute to normal aorticopulmonary septum. Science, 220: 1059–1061. , ,
- 1988 The development of the aortic channel when it arises from the right ventricle: An experimental approach to morphogenesis of transposition of the great arteries. Acta Anat. Nippon, 63: 169–180. , and
- 1975 Structural analysis of endocardial cytodifferentiation. Dev. Biol., 42: 160–180. , , and
- 1977 Structural development of endocardial cushions. Am. J. Anat., 148: 85–120. , , and
- 1981 Development of the outflow tract and closure of the interventricular septum in the normal human heart. Am. J. Anat., 160: 309–331. , , and
- 1971 Effect of hyperbaric oxygen on cardiogenesis in the rat. Biol. Neonate, 17: 44–52. , , and
- 1966 Transposition of the great vessels and other cardiovascular abnormalities in rat fetuses induced by trypan blue. Anat. Rec., 156: 175–190. , , and
- 1995 Inhibition of outflow cushion mesenchyme formation in retinoic acid-induced complete transposition of great arteries. Cardiovasc. Res., (in press). , , , and
- 1990 Prevalence of congenital heart disease in Japan. In: Developmental Cardiology: Morphogenesis and Function. E. B.Clark and A.Takao, eds. Futura, Mount Kisco, NY, pp. 541–548. , , and
- 1976 Morphogenesis of the transposition of the great vessels. Cong. Anom., 16: 129–145.
- 1982 The formation, septation and fate of the truncus arteriosus in man. J. Anat., 134: 41–56. , , and
- 1991 The effects of retinoic acid on heart formation in the early chick embryo. Development, 113: 1405–1417. , , , and
- 1992 Prenatal pathogenesis of the transposition of Great Arteries. In: Transposition of the Great Arteries 25 years after Rashkind Balloon Septostomy. M.Vogel and K.Buhlmeyer, eds. Steinkopff Verlag, Darmstadt, pp. 11–27. , , and
- 1995 Conotruncus and its septation at the advent of the molecular biology era. In: Developmental mechanisms of heart disease. E. B.Klark, R. R.Markwald, A.Takao, eds. Futura, New York, pp. 227–247.
- 1991 Pathogenesis of retinoic acid-induced transposition of great arteries in the mouse. Circulation, 84: II–384. , and
- 1991 Retinoic acid receptors and cellular retinoid-binding proteins: II. Their differential pattern of transcription during early morphogenesis in mouse embryos. Development, 111: 45–60. , , , and
- 1992 Differential distribution of CRABP I and CRABP II transcripts during mouse embryogenesis. Development, 113: 973–987. , , , and
- 1962 Comparative development of the bulbus and ventricles of the vertebrate heart with special reference to Spitzer's theory of heart malformations. Anat. Rec., 142: 519–529.
- 1991 Sodium valproate-induced cardiovascular abnormalities in the Jcl:ICR mouse fetus. Cong. Anom., 31: 89–94. , , , , and
- 1948 Developmental horizons in human embryos. Description of age groups XV, XVI, XVII, and XVIII, being the third issue of a survey of the Carnegie collection. Contrib. Embryol. Carnegie Inst. Wash., 32: 133–204.
- 1989 Distribution of the neural crest cells in the heart of birds: A three dimensional analysis. Anat. Embryol. 180: 29–35. , ,
- 1963 Pathogenesis of transposition complexes: III. True transposition of the great vessels. Am. J. Cardiol., 12: 233–239. , and
- 1980 The morphogenesis of normal and abnormal relationships between the great arteries and the ventricles: Pathologic and experimental data In: Etiology and Morphogenesis of Congenital Heart Disease. R.van Praagh and A.Takao, eds. Futura, Mount Kisco, NY, pp. 271–316. , , and
- 1989 Normal stages of cardiac organogenesis in the mouse: II. Development of the internal relief of the heart. Am. J. Anat., 184: 114–128. , and
- 1995 Morphological observations on the pathogenetic process of transposition of the great arteries induced by retinoic acid in mice. Circulation, 91: 2478–2486. , , , , and
- 1983 Intracardiac flow patterns in early embryonic life. Circ. Res., 53: 363–371. , , and