Analysis of nuclear ribonucleoproteic structures during notochordal cell differentiation and maturation in chick embryos
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2000
Copyright © 2000 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 259, Issue 2, pages 113–123, 1 June 2000
How to Cite
Zavala, G. and Vázquez-Nin, G. H. (2000), Analysis of nuclear ribonucleoproteic structures during notochordal cell differentiation and maturation in chick embryos. Anat. Rec., 259: 113–123. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0185(20000601)259:2<113::AID-AR1>3.0.CO;2-V
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2000
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2000
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JAN 2000
- Manuscript Received: 22 SEP 1999
- 1975. Ultrastructural organization and biochemical characterization of chromatin RNA-protein complexes isolated from mammalian cell nuclei. J Microsc 126: 77–85. , , .
- 1969. A new staining procedure for electron microscopical cytology. J Ultrastruct Res 27: 250–265. .
- 1994. Initial steps of myogenesis in somites are independent of influence from axial structures. Development 120: 3073–3082. , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Myogenic specification in somites: induction by axial structures. Development 120: 1443–1452. , .
- 1999. Ultrastructural analysis of transcription and splicing in the cell nucleus after bromo-UTP microinjection. Mol Biol Cell 10: 211–223. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Altered Pax gene expression in murine notochord mutants: the notochord is required to initiate and maintain ventral identity in the somite. Mech Dev 44: 189–207. , , .
- 1995. Pax-1, a regulator of sclerotome development is induced by notochordal and floor plate signals in avian embryos. Anat Embryol 191: 297–310. , , , , , , .
- 1980. Changes during estral cycle in the nucleus of endometrial cells of the rat. Biol Cell 39: 139–142. , , , .
- 1991. Effects of testosterone on nuclear ribonucleoprotein components of prostate epithelial cells. Biol Cell 72: 223–229. , , .
- 1994. Perichromatin fibrils are in situ forms of nascent transcripts. Trends Cell Biol 4: 86–90. .
- 1980. The ultrastructural localization of nucleolar and extranucleolar RNA synthesis and distribution. Int Rev Cytol 65: 255–299. , .
- 1976. Localization and characterization of newly synthesized nuclear RNA in isolated hepathocytes. Exp Cell Res 99: 155–164. , , .
- 1984. Ultrastructural distribution of nuclear ribonucleoproteins as visualized by immunocytochemistry in thin sections. J Cell Biol 98: 358–363. , , .
- 1986. Immunoelectron microscope visualization of nuclear antigens within spread transcription complexes. J Cell Biol 103: 1153–1157. , , .
- 1952. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1996. Morphological analysis of the early development of the chick neural tube separate from the floor plate and notochord. Exp Neurol 139: 317–321. , , , .
- 1962. The development of the notochord in chick embryos. J Embryol Exp Morphol 10: 602–621. .
- 1982. Microfibril formation in chick notochordal cells. Tissue Cell 14: 171–181. .
- 1995. Dorsal differentiation of the neural plate cells induced by BMP-mediated signals from epidermal ectoderm. Cell 82: 969–979. , , , .
- 1995. Requirement of 19K form of Sonic hedgehog for induction of distinct ventral cell types in CNS explants. Nature 375: 322–325. , , , .
- 1969. Fine structural organization of the interphase nucleus of some mammalian cells. J Ultrastruct Res 27: 266–288. , .
- 1994. Heterogeneity in the development of the vertebra. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91: 10435–10439. , , , .
- 1996. The origin of spinal cord oligodendrocytes is dependent on local influences from notochord. Dev Biol 177: 43–43. , .
- 1992. Relations between subcellular events in the degenerating notochord and histopathological features of spinal cordomas. Panminerva Med 34: 155–159. , , .
- 1990. Mesodermal control of neural cell identity: floor plate induction by notochord. Science 250: 985–988. , , , , .
- 1981. In situ localization of RNA structures. In: BuschH, editor. The cell nucleus. Vol 8. San Diego, CA: Academic Press. p 59–115. , .
- 1984. Immunocytochemical identification of nuclear structures containing snRNP in isolated liver cells. J Ultrastruct Res 87: 180–189. , , , , .
- 1972. Ultrastructural, histochemical and autoradiographic studies on the developing chick notochord. Z. Anat. Entwicklungsgesch 138: 20–33. .
- Ruiz 1993. Sequential expression of HNF-3β and HNF-3α by embryonic organizing centers: the dorsal lip/node, notochord and floor plate. Mech Dev 44: 91–108. , , , .
- Ruiz 1995. Early stages of notochord and floor plate development in the chick embryo defined by normal and induced expression of HNF-3 beta. Dev Biol 170: 299–313. , , , , .
- 1993. Cytodifferentiation of the notochord in early chick embryo related to the development of the paraxial structures. Bull Soc Ital Biol Sper 69: 609–616. , , .
- 1995. Notochord degeneration in chick embryo: a particular case of developmental cell death? Eur J Morphol 33: 403–414. , , .
- 1995. Expression of HGF/SF, HGFI/MSP, and c-met suggests new functions during early chick development. Dev Genet 17: 90–101. , , , , .
- 1992. Immunohistological localisation of monoclonal antibody R 24-recognized ganglioside Glac2 in early chick embryos. Differentiation 49: 7–15. , , , .
- 1991. Development of floor plate, neurons and axonal outgrowth pattern in early spinal cord of the notochord-deficient chick embryo. Anat Embryol 184: 55–63. , .
- 1985. Effects of a notochordal implant on the early morphogenesis of the neural tube and neuroblasts: histometrical and histological results. Dev Biol 110: 247–254. , , , , .
- 1988. Effect of the notochord on the differentiation of a floor plate area in the neural tube of the chick embryo. Anat Embryol (Berl) 177: 317–324. , , , , .
- 1989. Effects of notochord on proliferation and differentiation in the neural tube of the chick embryo. Development 107: 793–803. , , , , .
- 1971. Comparative ultrastructural study of perichromatin and Balbiani ring granules. J Ultrastruct Res 36: 842–860. , .
- 1996. The polytene nucleus in morphological, cytochemical, and functional studies of messenger RNA transcription, processing, and transportation. Eur J Histochem 40: 7–16. , .
- 1973. A preferential staining method for chromatin in electron microscopy. J Microsc 16: 243–246. , , .
- 1978. Effects of ovariectomy and estradiol injection on nuclear structures of endometrial epithelial cells. Acta Anat 102: 308–318. , , , .
- 1979. Effects of estradiol on the ribonucleoprotein constituents of the nucleus of cultured endometrial epithelial cells. Biol Cell 35: 221–228. , , .
- 1980. Nuclear aspects of neuroblast differentiation in the chick embryo. Biol Cell 39: 143–146. , , .
- 1983. Changes in the nuclear ribonucleoprotein constituents and chromatin disposition during neuronal differentiation and maturation. Biol Cell 48: 17–24. , , , , .
- 1986. Relations between nucleolar morphometric parameters and pre-rRNA synthesis in animal and plant cells. Acta Anat 126: 141–146. , , , , , .
- 1990. Immunoelectron microscope localization of snRNPs in the polytene nucleus of salivary glands of Chironomus thummi. Chromosoma 99: 44–51. , , , , .
- 1996. Phosphorus distribution in perichromatin granules and surrounding nucleoplasm as visualized by electron spectroscopic imaging. Biol Cell 87: 171–177. , , , , .
- 1997. Effects of hypophyseal hormones on transcription and RNA export to the cytoplasm. Exp Cell Res 236: 519–526. , , , , .
- 1992. Intranuclear distribution of U1 and U2 snRNAs visualised by high resolution in situ hybridization: revelation of a novel compartment containing U1 but not U2 snRNA in HeLa cells. Eur J Cell Biol 60: 308–321. , , , .
- 1956. Principles of embryology. London: Allen & Unwin. .
- 1962. Observations on a granules associated with chromatin in the nuclei of cells of rat and mouse. J Cell Biol 13: 162–167. .
- 1991. Control of cell pattern in the developing neural tube: polarizing activity of the floor plate and notochord. Cell 64: 635–647. , , , , .
- 1993. Control of cell pattern in the neural tube: motor neuron induction by diffusible factors from notochord and floor plate. Cell 73: 673–686. , , , .
- 1997. Changes of ribonucleoproteic structures of embryonic epidermal cell nuclei during differentiation and maturation. Biol Cell 89: 245–255. , .
- 1992. Changes in the ribonucleoprotein constituents of muscle cells in the chick embryo. Biol Cell 76: 159–165. , , , , .