Kaposi's sarcoma in childhood: An analysis of 100 cases from Uganda and relationship to HIV infection
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1996 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 200–203, 17 January 1996
How to Cite
Ziegler, J. L. and Katongole-Mbidde, E. (1996), Kaposi's sarcoma in childhood: An analysis of 100 cases from Uganda and relationship to HIV infection. Int. J. Cancer, 65: 200–203. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0215(19960117)65:2<200::AID-IJC12>3.0.CO;2-H
- Issue online: 6 DEC 1998
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 11 SEP 1995
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAY 1995
- Aids Control Programme, HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, Ministry of Health, Entebbe, Uganda (1992).
- Influence of HIV epidemic on the incidence of Kaposi's sarcoma in Zambian children. J. acquir. Immun. Defic. Syndr. hum. Retroviruses, 8, 96–100 (1995). , , and ,
- Kaposi's sarcoma among persons with AIDS: a sexually transmitted disease? Lancet, 335, 123–128 (1990). , , and ,
- Lympho-Cutaneous Kaposi's sarcoma in a African paediatric AIDS case. Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg., 40, 323–325 (1989). , , , , and ,
- Identification of herpesvirus-Like DNA sequences in AIDS-Associated Kaposi's sarcoma. Science, 266, 1865–1869 (1994). , , , , , and ,
- Arch. int. Med. (1995). (in press). , , , , , , , , , , Uganda Kaposi's Sarcoma Study Group and Moore, P. S., Kaposi's-Sarcoma-Associated herpesvirus DNA sequences are present in African endemic and AIDS-Related Kaposi's sarcoma.
- Incidence rates of cancer in Kyadondo county, Uganda, 1954-60. J. nat. Cancer Inst., 35, 789–821 (1965). , and ,
- The value of a clinical definition for endemic Kaposi's sarcoma in predicting HIV seropositivity in Africa. J. AIDS, 4, 647–651 (1991). , , , and ,
- Synergy between basic fibroblast growth factor and HIV-1 Tat protein in induction of Kaposi's sarcoma. Nature (Lond.), 371, 674–680 (1994). , , , , , , , , and ,
- Kaposi's sarcoma in a six-Day-Old infant with human immunodeficiency virus. Arch. Dermatol., 125, 4323 (1989). , , , and ,
- Kaposi's sarcoma occurring in a dermatome previously involved by Herpes zoster. J. Amer. Acad. Derm., 18, 448–451 (1989). and ,
- Childhood Kaposi's sarcoma in Uganda: clinical features and treatment. Brit. J. Cancer, 33, 555–560 (1976). , , , , and ,
- Epidemiologic clues to the etiology of Kaposi's sarcoma. AIDS, 7, 605–611 (1993). , and ,
- Population and Housing Census, 1991, Kampala District. Statistics Department, Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, Entebbe, Uganda (1992).
- Evaluation of the co-Carcinogenic effect of wounding in Rous-Sarcoma-Virus tumorigenesis. Cancer Res., 49, 6419–6424 (1989). , and ,
- Kaposi's sarcoma in Uganda: geography and ethnic distribution. Brit. J. Cancer, 26, 483–595 (1973). , , and ,
- Cancer in Kampala, Uganda, in 1989-91: changes in incidence in the era of AIDS. Int. J. Cancer, 54, 26–36 (1993). , , and ,