International incidence rates of invasive cervical cancer before cytological screening
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1997 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 71, Issue 2, pages 159–165, 10 April 1997
How to Cite
Gustafsson, L., Pontén, J., Bergstrôm, R. and Adami, H.-O. (1997), International incidence rates of invasive cervical cancer before cytological screening. Int. J. Cancer, 71: 159–165. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0215(19970410)71:2<159::AID-IJC6>3.0.CO;2-#
- Issue online: 6 DEC 1998
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 2 DEC 1996
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 1996
- Swedish Cancer Society
- Cancer Registry of Norway, Cancer Registration in Norway—Incidence of cancer in Norway, 1953–54, 1953–58, 1959–61, 1964–66, 1969–71, 1972–76. The Cancer Registry of Norway, Oslo (1959, 1961, 1964, 1969, 1973, 1978).
- Cancer Society of Finland, Annual publication 1953–1967. Cancer statistics of the National Agency for Welfare and Health, Helsinki (1963–1970).
- Models for temporal variation in cancer rates. I. Age-period and age-cohort models. Statist. Med., 6, 449–467 (1987a). and ,
- Models for temporal variation in cancer rates. II. The age-period-cohort model. Statist. Med., 6, 469–481 (1987b). and ,
- Statistical studies in malignant neoplasms. V. Trends and risks, Denmark 1943–72. Actapathol. microbiol. scand., Suppl. 261 (1977). ,
- Connecticut Tumor Registry, Cancer in Connecticut (Series: 1935–62).
- Connecticut State Department of Public Health, Hartford, CT (1966).
- Uterine cervix. In: D.Schottenfeld and J. F.Fraumeni (eds.), Cancer epidemiology and prevention, pp. 884–885, Saunders, Philadelphia (1982). ,
- Doll, R., Muir, C. and Waterhouse, J. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five Continents, Vol. II, (UICC) Springer, Berlin (1970).
- Doll, R., Payne, P. and Waterhouse, J. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. I, (UICC). Springer, Berlin (1966).
- 1959). and , Morbidity from cancer in the United States: Parts I and II. Public Health Monograph No. 56, US Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Washington, D.C. (
- Natural history of cervical neoplasia: consistent results obtained by an identification technique. Brit. J. Cancer, 60, 132–141 (1989). and ,
- Optimization of cervical cancer screening. Cancer Causes Contr., 3, 125–136 (1992). and ,
- Cohort mortality from carcinoma of the cervix. Lancet, ii, 605–606 (1967). and ,
- Cervical cancer epidemiology in historical perspective. J. reprod. Med., 12, 173–185 (1974). ,
- Effectiveness of a cancer control programme. In: Cancer surveys, Vol. 7, pp. 379–401, Oxford University Press, Oxford (1988). and ,
- 1952). , Carcinoma of the uterine cervix; incidence and influence of age. A statistical study. (Thesis). Radiumhemmet, Stockholm (
- Muir, C., Waterhouse, J., Mack, T., Powell, J. and Whelan, S. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. V, IARC scientific publication 88, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon (1987).
- Diagnoses of uterine cancer by vaginal smear. Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY (1943). and ,
- Parkin, D. M., Muir, C. S., Whelan, S., Gao, Y. T., Ferlay, J. and Powell, J. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. VI, IARC Scientific Publication 120, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon (1992).
- The impact of screening on the incidence of cervical cancer in England and Wales. Brit. J. Obstet. Gynaecol., 92, 150–157 (1985). , and ,
- Strategies for global control of cervical cancer. Int. J. Cancer, 60, 1–26 (1995). , , , , , , , , and ,
- Applications of B-spline approximation to geometric problems of computer-aided design. Computer Science Dept., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT (1973). ,
- Socialstyrelsen. Cancer incidence in Sweden. Annual publication 1958–1965. The National Board of Health and Welfare, The Cancer Registry, Stockholm (1960–1969).
- Waterhouse, J. A. H., Muir, C., Correa, P. and Powell, J. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. III, IARC Scientific Publication 15, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon (1976).
- Waterhouse, J., Muir, C., Shanmugaratnam, K. and Powell, J. (eds.), Cancer incidence in five continents, Vol. IV, IARC Scientific Publication 42, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon (1982).