A case-control study of self-reported exposures to pesticides and pancreas cancer in southeastern Michigan
Article first published online: 6 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1997 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
International Journal of Cancer
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 62–67, 3 July 1997
How to Cite
Fryzek, J. P., Garabrant, D. H., Harlow, S. D., Severson, R. K., Gillespie, B. W., Schenk, M. and Schottenfeld, D. (1997), A case-control study of self-reported exposures to pesticides and pancreas cancer in southeastern Michigan. Int. J. Cancer, 72: 62–67. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0215(19970703)72:1<62::AID-IJC9>3.0.CO;2-2
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 1998
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 19 FEB 1997
- Manuscript Received: 6 JAN 1997
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Number: RC 25-CA7716
- John and Suzanne Munn Endowed Research Fund
- Marlin Pemberton Memorial Fund
- Cancer mortality in the US flour industry. J. nat. Cancer Inst., 82, 840–849 (1990). , and ,
- American Cancer Society, Cancer facts and figures, American Cancer Society (1996).
- Breslow, N.E. and Day, N.E. (eds.), Statistical methods in cancer research. Vol. 1. The analysis of case-control studies, IARC Scientific Publication 32, IARC, Lyon (1980).
- The biomagnification of polychlorinated biphenyls, toxaphene, and DDT compounds in Lake Michigan offshore food web. Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 20, 87–93 (1991). , and ,
- Life-style risk factors for pancreatic cancer in Louisiana: a case-control study. Amer. J. Epidemiol., 128, 324–336 (1988). , and ,
- Attributable risks for pancreatic cancer in northern Italy. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev., 5, 23–27 (1996). , and ,
- Risk factors for pancreatic cancer: an exploratory study. Int. J. Epidemiol., 22, 30–37 (1993). and ,
- DDT and related compounds and risk of pancreatic cancer. J. nat. Cancer Inst., 84, 764–771 (1992). , , , and ,
- Reported family aggregation of pancreatic cancer within a population-based case-control study in the francophone community in Montreal, Canada. Int. J. Pancreatol., 10, 183–196 (1991). , , , , and ,
- Telephone survey methodology, pp. 127–142, J. Wiley, New York (1988). , , , , and ,
- Pancreatic cancer and occupational exposures. Epidemiology, 6, 498–502 (1995). , , and ,
- Familial pancreatic cancer (part 1): genetic pathology review. Nebraska med. J., 74, 109–112 (1989). , , , , and ,
- Occupational mortality in Washington State. 1950–1979. DHHS (NIOSH), Publication 83-116, Washington DC (1983). ,
- Evaluation of random digit dialing as a method of control selection in case-control studies. Amer. J. Epidemiol., 135, 210–222 (1992). , , and ,
- Evidence of excretion of chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticide by the human liver. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 12, 547–554 (1974). , and ,
- Effectiveness of the Waksberg telephone sampling method for the selection of population controls. Amer. J. Epidemiol., 138, 574–584 (1993). , , and ,
- Mutation analysis of the BRCA2 gene in 49 site-specific breast cancer families. Nature (Genet.), 13, 16–17 (1996). and 20 others,
- Cancer risk and incidence trends. The Connecticut perspective. Hemisphere, Washington DC (1987). , , and ,
- SAS Institute, SAS procedures guide for personal computers, version 6 ed. Cary, NC, Sas Institute (1988).
- DDT and its analogs. In: W.J.Hayes and E.R.Lewis (eds.), Handbook of pesticide toxicology, pp. 785–786, Academic Press, San Diego (1991). ,
- Organochlorines. Toxicology, 91, 51–57 (1994). , and ,
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Public Health Service, Toxicological profile for 4,4′-DDT, 4,4′-DDE, 4,4′-DDD. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, 46, (1992).
- Blood levels of organochlorine residues and risk of breast cancer. J. nat. Cancer Inst., 85, 648–652 (1993). , , , and ,
- Soft-tissue sarcoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in relation to phenoxy herbicide and chlorinated exposure in western Washington. J. nat. Cancer Inst., 78, 899–910 (1987). , , , and ,