Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) at Copper(I) oxide
Article first published online: 4 DEC 1998
Copyright © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
Volume 29, Issue 5, pages 431–435, May 1998
How to Cite
Kudelski, A., Grochala, W., Janik-Czachor, M., Bukowska, J., Szummer, A. and Dolata, M. (1998), Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) at Copper(I) oxide. J. Raman Spectrosc., 29: 431–435. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-4555(199805)29:5<431::AID-JRS260>3.0.CO;2-S
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 1998
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 1998
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 FEB 1998
- Manuscript Received: 20 SEP 1997
- Department of Chemistry, University of Warsaw. Grant Number: 12-501-07-BW-1383/7/97
- Institute of Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Cited By
Surface-enhanced Raman scattering spectra of pyridine at a copper(I) oxide hydrosol and at Cu2O-covered copper electrode produced by ‘oscillating reaction roughening’ are reported. It is shown that on such surfaces pyridine molecules adsorb as pyridinium cations. The ‘oscillating reaction’ pretreatment yields a passivated Cu surface which does not undergo any reduction during the cathodic scan, producing a SERS spectrum of pyridinium cations even after decreasing the electrode potential to strongly negative values. © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.