Issues & Trends
Defining versus describing the nature of science: A pragmatic analysis for classroom teachers and science educators
Version of Record online: 4 JUN 1999
Copyright © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Volume 83, Issue 4, pages 493–509, July 1999
How to Cite
Smith, M. U. and Scharmann, L. C. (1999), Defining versus describing the nature of science: A pragmatic analysis for classroom teachers and science educators. Sci. Ed., 83: 493–509. doi: 10.1002/(SICI)1098-237X(199907)83:4<493::AID-SCE6>3.0.CO;2-U
- Issue online: 4 JUN 1999
- Version of Record online: 4 JUN 1999
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 1998
- Manuscript Revised: 2 JUL 1998
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 1997
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!