Additive–Multiplicative Intensity Models
Published Online: 15 JUL 2005
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Encyclopedia of Biostatistics
How to Cite
Scheike, T. H. 2005. Additive–Multiplicative Intensity Models. Encyclopedia of Biostatistics.
- Published Online: 15 JUL 2005
The two standard regression models in survival analysis are the multiplicative Cox model and the additive Aalen model. These models postulate that covariate effects are either multiplicative or additive. This contribution reviews some recent work that combines multiplicative and additive effects into flexible models.
- Aalen's additive risk model;
- additive–multiplicative hazard model;
- Cox's proportional hazards model;
- Cox–Aalen model;
- proportional excess models