33. Benefits of Denitrification
Published Online: 20 MAR 2003
Copyright © 2002 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Nitrification and Denitrification in the Activated Sludge Process
How to Cite
Gerardi, M. H. (2002) Benefits of Denitrification, in Nitrification and Denitrification in the Activated Sludge Process, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/0471216682.ch33
- Published Online: 20 MAR 2003
- Published Print: 1 FEB 2002
Print ISBN: 9780471065081
Online ISBN: 9780471216681
- benefits of denitrification;
- improved floc formation;
- control of filamentous organisms;
- reduced sludge production and operational costs
The use of nitrification and denitrification to improve operational conditions in the activated sludge process is reviewed. The use of nitrification and denitrification to improve floc formation, control undesired filamentous growth, return alkalinity, and reduce sludge production and operational costs are described.