Chapter 5. Silicon Field Emitter Arrays
- Wei Zhu Ph.D.
Published Online: 15 APR 2002
Copyright © 2001 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
How to Cite
Shaw, J. and Itoh, J. (2002) Silicon Field Emitter Arrays, in Vacuum Microelectronics (ed W. Zhu), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, USA. doi: 10.1002/0471224332.ch5
Bell Laboratories—Lucent Technologies, 600 Mountain Avenue, Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA
- Published Online: 15 APR 2002
- Published Print: 1 OCT 2001
Print ISBN: 9780471322443
Online ISBN: 9780471224334
- silicon field emitter array;
- orientation-dependent etching;
- oxidation sharpening;
- free electron theory of field emission;
- emission energy distribution;
- surface chemistry;
- arc initiation;
- local circuit elements;
- diode (or p-n junction) elements;
- transistor (MOSFET) structures;
- vertical transistor structure
Chapter 5 discusses silicon field emitter arrays (FEA) and their fabrication, emission characteristics and various circuit elements that are made possible with the semiconducting FEA material. It also examines some practical issues concerning the stability and reliability of silicon field emitter arrays.