Published Online: 27 DEC 1999
Copyright © 1999 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
How to Cite
Liu, Y. A. and Tsai, J. J. P. 1999. System Monitoring. Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Published Online: 27 DEC 1999
The sections in this article are
- Components and Techniques for System Monitoring
- Issues in System Monitoring
- Monitoring Principles
- Workload Selection
- Triggering Mechanism
- Data Analysis and Presentation
- Monitoring Real-Time, Parallel, and Distributed Systems
Keywords: performance measurement; benchmark; software monitor; hardware monitor; workload selection; sampling; event tracing; profiling; instrumentation; program transformation; data structures; data analysis; data presentation