10. Time-Frequency Signal Transforms
Published Online: 14 MAY 2004
Copyright © 2004 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
Signal Analysis: Time, Frequency, Scale, and Structure
How to Cite
Allen, R. L. and Mills, D. W. (2003) Time-Frequency Signal Transforms, in Signal Analysis: Time, Frequency, Scale, and Structure, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/047166037X.ch10
- Published Online: 14 MAY 2004
- Published Print: 19 DEC 2003
Print ISBN: 9780471234418
Online ISBN: 9780471660378
- time-frequency signal transforms;
- Gabor transforms;
- short-time Fourier transforms;
- quadratic time-frequency transforms;
- Balian–Low theorem
In this chapter we first explore the basic ideas of the transform, working with its original analog formulation. Next, we develop the idea of the time-frequency–plane. We generalize the Gabor transform further to include general window functions. Finally, we derive the discretization of the Gabor transform.