Fax: (011) 39
Irinotecan and chronomodulated infusion of 5-fluorouracil and folinic acid in the treatment of patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma
A Phase I study
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2001
Copyright © 2001 American Cancer Society
Volume 91, Issue 4, pages 712–720, 15 February 2001
How to Cite
Garufi, C., Dogliotti, L., D'Attino, R. M., Tampellini, M., Aschelter, A. M., Pugliese, P., Perrone, M., Nisticó, C., Comis, S. and Terzoli, E. (2001), Irinotecan and chronomodulated infusion of 5-fluorouracil and folinic acid in the treatment of patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma. Cancer, 91: 712–720. doi: 10.1002/1097-0142(20010215)91:4<712::AID-CNCR1056>3.0.CO;2-4
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2001
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2000
- Manuscript Revised: 18 OCT 2000
- Manuscript Received: 21 JUN 2000
- Rhône-Poulenc Rorer, Origgio (VA), Italy
- Associazione Italiana Ricerca Sul Cancro (AIRC)
- 12Chronomodulated versus fixed-infusion-rate of ambulatory chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, 5-fluorouracil, and folinic acid (leucovorin) in patients with colorectal cancer metastases: a randomized multi-institutional trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 1994; 86: 1608–17., , , , , , et al.
- 16Relationship between dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase activity and plasma 5-fluorouracil levels: evidence for circadian variation of plasma drug levels in cancer patients receiving 5-fluorouracil by protracted continuous infusion. Cancer Res 1990; 50: 197–201., , , .
- 17International Organization for Cancer Chronotherapy. A multicenter evaluation of intensified ambulatory chronomodulated chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil and leucovorin as initial treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer 1999;85: 2532–40., , , , , , et al., for the
- 20Phase II trial of chronomodulated (cm) high dose 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and l-folinic acid (l-fa) in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (MCC). Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 1998; 17: 1048., , , , , , et al.
- 24A chronopharmacologic Phase II clinical trial with 5-fluorouracil, folinic acid and oxaliplatin using an ambulatory multichannel programmable pump. High antitumor effectiveness against metastatic colorectal cancer. Cancer 1992;69: 893–900., , , , , , et al.
- 25Addition of oxaliplatin to chronomodulated 5-fluorouracil and folinic acid for reversal of acquired chemoresistance in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 1995; 14: 192., , , et al.
- 26Irinotecan combined with bolus fluorouracil, continuous infusion fluorouracil, and high-dose leucovorin every two weeks (LV5FU2 regimen): a clinical dose-finding and pharmacokinetic study in patients with pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol 1999; 17: 2901–8., , , , , , et al.
- 28Escalating dose irinotecan (CPT-11) immediately prior or after 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) 48 hours infusion + leucovorin (LV): pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interactions in chemotherapy-naive metastatic colorectal cancer patients. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 1999; 18: 924., , , , , , et al.
- 30Phase I and pharmacologic studies of the camptothecin analog irinotecan administered every three weeks in cancer patients. J Clin Oncol 1995; 13: 201–21., , , , , .
- 35Circadian changes in irinotecan toxicity in mice. Proc AACR 1997; 38: 2048., , , , , , et al.
- 36Irinotecan (CPT-11) and oxaliplatin (l-OHP) synergistic activity at specific circadian times in tumor-bearing mice. Proc AACR 2000; 41: 1268., , , , , .