Apoptosis during coronary artery orifice development in the chick embryo
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2001
Copyright © 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
The Anatomical Record
Volume 262, Issue 3, pages 310–317, 1 March 2001
How to Cite
Velkey, J. M. and Bernanke, D. H. (2001), Apoptosis during coronary artery orifice development in the chick embryo. Anat. Rec., 262: 310–317. doi: 10.1002/1097-0185(20010301)262:3<310::AID-AR1040>3.0.CO;2-Y
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2001
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2000
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2000
- National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of Health
- Shared Instrument. Grant Number: S10RR 11321
- 1982. Formation of coronary arteries sprouting from the primitive aortic sinus wall of the chick embryo. Experientia 38: 816–818. , .
- 1989. Normal and anomalous coronary arteries: definitions and classification. Am Heart J 117: 418–434. .
- 1988. The inadequacy of existing theories on development of the proximal coronary arteries and their connexions with the arterial trunks. Int J Cardiol 20: 117–123. , , , .
- 1989. Development of the origin of the coronary arteries, a matter of ingrowth or outgrowth? Anat Embryol 180: 437–441. , , , , .
- 1993. Internucleosomal DNA fragmentation and programmed cell death (apoptosis) in the interdigital tissue of the embryonic chick leg bud. J Cell Sci 106: 201–208. , , , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1992. Coronary artery development in the chick: origin and deployment of smooth muscle cells, and the effects of neural crest ablation. Anat Rec 234: 291–300. , .
- 1999. The apoptosis cascade: morphological and immunohistochemical methods for its visualization. Anat Embryol 200: 1–18. , , .
- 1990. Development of the outflow tract: a study in hearts with situs solitus and situs inversus. Ann NY Acad Sci 588: 26–41. .
- 1997. Programmed cell death in animal development. Cell 88: 347–354. , , .
- 1987. Endothelial cell growth factors and the vessel wall. Semin Thromb Hemost 13: 504–513. , .
- 1988. Membrane and matrix localization of proteinases: a common theme in tumor invasion and angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Acta 984: 67–85. , .
- 1975. Cell death in morphogenesis and teratogenesis of the heart. Adv Anat Embryol Cell Biol 51: 1–100. .
- 1993. Development of the cardiac coronary vascular endothelium, studied with antiendothelial antibodies, in chicken-quail chimeras. Circ Res 73: 559–568. , , , , .
- 1998. Neural crest cells in outflow tract septation of the embryonic chicken heart: differentiation and apoptosis. Dev Dyn 212: 373–384. , , .
- 1993. Programmed cell death and the control of cell survival, lessons from the nervous system. Science 262: 695–700. , , , , .
- 1996. Formation of the coronary vasculature: a brief review. Cardiovasc Res 31: E46-E51. .
- 1996. The positions of coronary arterial ostia. Clin Anat 9: 376–380. , .
- 1975. Coronary arterial variations in the normal heart and in congenital heart disease. New York: Academic Press. p. 15–20, 78–99. , , .
- 1997. The development of the coronary vessels and their differentiation into arteries and veins in the embryonic quail heart. Dev Dyn 208: 338–348. , , , , , .
- 1990. Origin of the proximal coronary artery stems and a review of ventricular vascularization in the chick embryo. Am J Anat 188: 109–120. , , .
- 1994. Association of the cardiac neural crest with the development of the coronary arteries in the chick embryo. Anat Rec 239: 315–331. , , .
- 1998. Developmental remodeling and shortening of the cardiac outflow tract involves myocyte programmed cell death. Development 125: 3809–3820. , , , , , , .