This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The following comparisons will be considered in men with stress urinary incontinence; detrusor overactivity with urgency urinary incontinence or men with symptoms of urgency, frequency and urgency urinary incontinence; or mixed urinary incontinence.
1. Electrical stimulation (ES) with non-implanted devices versus no treatment.
2. ES with non-implanted devices versus placebo treatments.
3. ES with non-implanted devices versus other 'single' treatments (e.g. a physical therapy such as pelvic floor exercises, a pharmaceutical such as an anticholinergic, or a type of surgery).
4. ES with non-implanted devices in combination with another therapy versus the other therapy alone (e.g. pelvic floor muscle training (PFMT)).
5. One method of providing ES with non-implanted devices (e.g. anal plug electrodes) versus another method (e.g. transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)).