This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (8 JUL 2014)
Pharmacotherapy for prevention of post-traumatic stress disorder
Editorial Group: Cochrane Depression, Anxiety and Neurosis Group
Published Online: 18 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2009 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Ipser JC, Seedat S, Stein DJ. Pharmacotherapy for prevention of post-traumatic stress disorder (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD006239. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006239.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 18 OCT 2006
This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (08 JUL 2014)
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
1) To provide an estimate of the efficacy of medication in preventing the development of post-traumatic stress disorder following exposure to a traumatic event. The efficacy of medication in reducing symptom severity for those individuals who subsequently develop PTSD will also be considered.
2) To determine whether particular classes of medication are more effective and/or acceptable than others in the prevention of PTSD.
3) To assess whether depression is a predictor of treatment response in the prevention of PTSD.