Newer anticonvulsants in the treatment of anxiety disorders
Editorial Group: Cochrane Depression, Anxiety and Neurosis Group
Published Online: 18 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2009 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Ipser JC, Stein DJ. Newer anticonvulsants in the treatment of anxiety disorders (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD006241. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006241.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 18 OCT 2006
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
1) To use evidence from RCTs in providing an estimate of the overall effects of the newer anticonvulsants in improving treatment response and reducing symptom severity in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
2) To determine whether particular anticonvulsants are more effective and tolerable than others in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
3) To determine whether the particular anxiety disorder treated predicts the effectiveness of anticonvulsants in terms of efficacy and tolerability.
4) To identify which factors (clinical, methodological) predict response to pharmacotherapy.