This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (6 JUN 2013)
Music for preoperative anxiety
Editorial Group: Cochrane Anaesthesia Group
Published Online: 23 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2010 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Dileo C, Bradt J, Murphy K. Music for preoperative anxiety (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD006908. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006908.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 23 JAN 2008
This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (06 JUN 2013)
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
- To identify randomized controlled trials examining the effects of music therapy or music medicine interventions (as defined by the authors) on preoperative anxiety in surgical patients.
- To compare the efficacy of participation in standard care combined with music therapy or music medicine interventions with standard care alone.
- To compare the efficacy of patient-preferred music with researcher-selected music.
- To compare the efficacy of different types of music interventions (music therapy versus music medicine).