Acupuncture for children with cerebral palsy
Editorial Group: Cochrane Movement Disorders Group
Published Online: 23 APR 2008
Copyright © 2009 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Zhang M, He J, Li J, Ai CL. Acupuncture for children with cerebral palsy (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD007127. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007127.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 23 APR 2008
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The objective of this systematic review is to determine the efficacy and safety of acupuncture therapy for children with CP including spastic cerebral palsy, athetoid cerebral palsy and ataxic cerebral palsy. We intend to test the following hypotheses.
(1) Acupuncture can improve movement function and activities of daily living.
(2) Acupuncture can improve cognitive ability.
(3) Acupuncture can improve quality of life.
(4) Acupuncture is associated with adverse effects.