Blood pressure lowering efficacy of calcium-channel blockers as second-line therapy for primary hypertension
Editorial Group: Cochrane Hypertension Group
Published Online: 23 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Chen JMH, Heran BS, Perez MI, Wright JM. Blood pressure lowering efficacy of calcium-channel blockers as second-line therapy for primary hypertension (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD007186. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007186.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 23 APR 2008
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
Primary objective: To quantify the additional reduction in systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) of calcium-channel blocker (CCB) therapy as a second-line drug in hypertensive patients.
1. To determine the effects of second-line CCB on variability of blood pressure.
2. To determine the effects of second-line CCB on pulse pressure.
3. To quantify the effect of second-line CCB on heart rate.
4. To quantify the effect of second-line CCB on withdrawals due to adverse effects.