Parent mediated reading interventions for children aged birth to 48 months
Editorial Group: Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group
Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Sloat E, Letourneau N, Brannen CL, Thompson K, Uhrig E, Veldhuyzen van Zanten SCM, Coates C, McGrath PJ, Deacon H, Curran JA, van Zanten S. Parent mediated reading interventions for children aged birth to 48 months (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD007850. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007850.pub2.
- Publication Status: Withdrawn from publication for reasons stated in the review
- Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
- Implementing the Foundation Stages in Reception Classes. British Educational Research Journal 2004;30:295-317. .
- Home Contributions to Early Language and Literacy Development. Examining Central Issues in Literacy Research, Theory and Practice Forty-Second Yearbook of the National Reading Conference. Chicago: National Reading Conference, 1993:207-15. , .
- Reading Intervention for Students with Emotional/Behavioural Disorders. Behavioural Disorders 2000;25:93-104. , .
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-Revised. 3rd Edition. Circle Pines, MN: American Guidance Service, 199. , .
- Enhancing Parent-Child Book Reading in a Disadvantaged Community. Australian Journal of Early Childhood 2006;31:20-5. , , , .
- Elkind D editor(s). Perspectives on Early Childhood Education. Washington, DC: National Education Association of the United States, 1991. . In:
- Books and Babies: Clinical-Based Literacy Programs. Journal of Pediatric Health Care 2003;17(6):295-300. , , , .
- Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-R (EOWPVT-R). Novato, CA: Academic Therapy Publishing, 1990. .
- Assessing and Correcting Reading and Writing Difficulties. 2nd Edition. Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 2002. .
- Meaningful Differences in the Everyday Experiences of Young American Children. Meaningful Differences in the Everyday Experiences of Young American Children. Baltimore, Maryland: Paul H. Brooks Publishing Co., 1999. , .
- Way With Words. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 1983. .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 5.0.1 [Updated September 2008]. John Wiley and Sons Ltd, 2008. , .
- An Early Intervention Supporting the Literacy Learning of Children Experiencing Substantial Difficulty. Learning Disabilities Research and Practice 1999;14:254-67. , , , .
- Project EASE: The Effect of a Family Literacy Project on Kindergarten Students' Early Literacy Skills. Reading Research Quarterly 2000;35(4):524-46. , , .
- Parent-Child Shared Book Reading: Quality versus Quantity of Reading Interactions between Parents and Young Children. Talaris Research Institute 2006; Vol. 1, issue 1. .
- Effects of the Home Learning Environment and Preschool Center Experience upon Literacy and Numeracy Development in Early Primary School. Journal of Social Issues 2008;64(1):95-114. , , , , , .
- Starting Strong: Early Childhood Education and Care. Paris: OECD, 2001. .
- Starting Strong II: Early Childhood Education and Care. Paris: OECD, 2006. .
- Maternal reading and Teaching Patterns: Associations with School Readiness in Low-Income African American Families. Reading Research Quarterly 2006;41(1):68-89. , , .
- Does Improving Joint Attention in Low-Quality Child-Care Enhance Language Development?. Early Child Development and Care 2008;178(3):315-38. , , .
- Storybook reading and Parent Teaching: Links to Language and Literacy Development. In: Rebello-Britto P, Brooks-Gunn J editor(s). The Role of Family Literacy Environments in Promoting Young Children's Emerging Literacy Skills. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass, 2001:39-52. , .
- Parental Involvement in the Development of Children's Reading Skill: A Five-Year Longitudinal Study. Child Development 2002;73(2):445-60. , .
- The Effect of Family Literacy Interventions on Children's Acquisition of Reading From Kindergarten to Grade 3. Portsmouth, New Hampshire: National Institute for Literacy, 2006. .
- Towards the transformation of practice in early childhood education: The effective provision of pre-school education (EPPE) project. Cambridge Journal of Education 2008;38(1):23-36. , , , , .
- Unfulfilled Expectations: Home and School Influences on Literacy. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press, 1991. , , , , .
- Fostering Children's Early Literacy Development Through Parent Involvement: A Five-Year Program. In: Dickinson D editor(s). Bridges to Literacy. Boston, Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishers, 1994. , .
- Paired Reading: A Review of the Literature. Research Papers in Education 1992;7(3):199-246. , .
Van Kleeck 2008
- Providing Preschool Foundations for Later Reading Comprehension: The Importance of and Ideas for Targeting Inferencing in Storybook-Sharing Interventions. Psychology in the Schools 2008;45(7):627-43. .
- Off to a Good Start: Effects of Birth to Three Interventions on Early School Success. In: Slavin R, Karweit N, Wasik B editor(s). Preventing Early School Failure: Research, Policy and Practice. Needham Heights, Massachusetts: Allyn and Bacon, 1994:13-57. , .
- Language and Learning in the Early Years. Early Childhood Development and Care 1989;11(1):69-77. .