TNF-alpha inhibitors for psoriatic arthritis
Editorial Group: Cochrane Musculoskeletal Group
Published Online: 8 JUL 2009
Copyright © 2009 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Golicki D, Macioch T, Niewada M, Jakubczyk M, Tlustochowicz M, Owczarek W, Tlustochowicz W. TNF-alpha inhibitors for psoriatic arthritis (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009, Issue 3. Art. No.: CD007940. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007940.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 8 JUL 2009
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The aim of this review is to assess the efficacy and safety of the TNF-alpha inhibitors (adalimumab, certolizumab, etanercept, golimumab, infliximab and onercept) in patients with PsA when compared with placebo or current standard treatment.
This review will address four core questions.
1. What is the clinical efficacy of TNF-alpha inhibitors for the treatment of PsA in terms of:
- relieving symptoms?
- improving health related quality of life?
- delaying disease progression?
2. What are the risks (frequency and severity of adverse events) associated with use of TNF-alpha inhibitors in these patients?