Blood pressure lowering efficacy of clonidine for primary hypertension
Editorial Group: Cochrane Hypertension Group
Published Online: 20 JAN 2010
Assessed as up-to-date: 25 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2010 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Lin SW, Wu SQ, Wright JM. Blood pressure lowering efficacy of clonidine for primary hypertension (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2010, Issue 1. Art. No.: CD008284. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008284.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 20 JAN 2010
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
To quantify the dose-related effect of various doses of clonidine on systolic and diastolic blood pressure versus placebo in patients with primary hypertension.
- To quantify the dose-related effect of clonidine on heart rate.
- To determine the effect of clonidine on pulse pressure.
- To determine the effect of clonidine on blood pressure variability.
- To quantify the effect of clonidine withdrawals due to adverse effects.