Maintenance rehabilitation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Editorial Group: Cochrane Airways Group
Published Online: 10 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Yorke J, Rochnia N, Walters S, Dugdill L, Vestbo J, Calverley P. Maintenance rehabilitation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2010, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD008837. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD008837.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 10 NOV 2010
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
To assess the effectiveness of maintenance pulmonary rehabilitation for patients with COPD, including:
- the overall efficacy of maintenance pulmonary rehabilitation on healthcare utilisation, health-related quality of life, exercise/functional capacity, self-efficacy, psychological well-being and objective measures of health outcome
- the comparative efficacy of different types of maintenance pulmonary rehabilitation (e.g. mode of delivery, content such as physical training alone or in combination with psychosocial and educational support, and length of intervention)
- whether the duration of benefit is related to the magnitude of the initial improvement during primary pulmonary rehabilitation
- the comparative efficacy of maintenance pulmonary rehabilitation in relation to COPD severity