Hyperbaric oxygen for term newborns with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
Editorial Group: Cochrane Neonatal Group
Published Online: 10 AUG 2011
Assessed as up-to-date: 15 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Xiong T, Li H, Zhao J, Dong W, Qu Y, Wu T, Mu D. Hyperbaric oxygen for term newborns with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 8. Art. No.: CD009248. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009248.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 10 AUG 2011
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The objective of this review is to determine the effects of therapeutic HBO (with or without hypothermia) on death and long-term neurodevelopmental disabilities in term newborn infants with HIE. Furthermore, the short-term medical effects and side effects of HBO will be studied.
- HBO versus supportive care;
- HBO versus hypothermia therapy;
- HBO plus hypothermia versus hypothermia alone;
- HBO plus erythropoietin versus erythropoietin alone.
Subgroup analyses were planned on the basis of:
- the therapeutic time window, by timing of commencement of the intervention (< 6 hours versus 6 hours to 7 days versus > 7 days);
- the peak pressure of HBO (< 2 ATA versus > 2ATA);
- the number of courses of HBO (single course versus multiple courses).