Interventions for prophylaxis of hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Editorial Group: Cochrane Haematological Malignancies Group
Published Online: 7 SEP 2011
Assessed as up-to-date: 7 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Cheuk DKL, Chiang AKS, Ha SY, Chan GCF. Interventions for prophylaxis of hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD009311. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009311.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 7 SEP 2011
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The objectives of this systematic review are to determine the efficacy and safety of various prophylactic medications for hepatic VOD in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. We aim to establish:
- whether these medications reduce the frequency of hepatic VOD;
- whether these medications reduce mortality;
- whether a particular type of medication or regimen is more effective than others; and
- whether these medications are associated with adverse effects.