Interventions for treatment of hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Editorial Group: Cochrane Haematological Malignancies Group
Published Online: 7 SEP 2011
Assessed as up-to-date: 7 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Cheuk DKL, Chiang AKS, Ha SY, Chan GCF. Interventions for treatment of hepatic veno-occlusive disease in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD009312. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009312.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 7 SEP 2011
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
The objectives of this systematic review are to determine the efficacy and safety of various treatment modalities for hepatic VOD in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. We aim to establish:
- whether these medications improve overall survival and reduce mortality;
- whether these medications enhance the resolution of VOD;
- whether a particular type of treatment modality is more effective than others; and
- whether these therapies are associated with adverse effects.