Interventions to encourage uptake of cancer screening for people with severe mental illness
Editorial Group: Cochrane Schizophrenia Group
Published Online: 16 JUL 2013
Assessed as up-to-date: 19 DEC 2014
Copyright © 2015 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Barley E, Borschmann RD, Walters P, Tylee A. Interventions to encourage uptake of cancer screening for people with severe mental illness. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD009641. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009641.pub2.
- Publication Status: Edited (no change to conclusions)
- Published Online: 16 JUL 2013
- BMA (British Medical Association & NHS Employers). Investing in general practice. The new general medical services contract. BMA & NHS Employers 2003.
- BMA (British Medical Association & NHS Employers). Revisions to the GMS contract 2006/07. Delivering investment in general practice. BMA & NHS Employers 2006.
Bonfill Cosp 2001
- The influence of type and severity of mental illness on receipt of screening mammography. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2006;21:1097-104. , .
- Issues in the meta-analysis of cluster randomized trials. Statistics in Medicine 2002;21:2971-80. , .
- Mass media interventions: effects on health services utilisation. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2000, Issue 1. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000389] , , , , .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- The determinants of screening uptake and interventions for increasing uptake: a systematic review. Health Technology Assessment 2000;4(14):1-147. , , , , , .
- Physical illness and schizophrenia: a review of the literature. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 2007;116:317-33. , , , , .
- National Institute of Mental Health. Towards a Model for a Comprehensive Community-Based Mental Health System. Washington, DC: NIMH, 1987.
- Manual paper reminders: effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004, Issue 2. [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001174] , , , , , , et al.
Schizophrenia Commission 2012
- The Schizophrenia Commission. The abandoned illness: a report from the Schizophrenia Commission. London: Rethink Mental Illness 2012.
- Methods for evaluating area-wide and organisation-based intervention in health and health care: a systematic review. Health Technology Assessment 1999;3(5):1-75. , , , , .
- World Health Organization. Cancer Control: Knowledge Into Action. WHO Guide for Effective programmes: Early Detection. http://www.who.int/cancer/modules/en/index.html (accessed 12 January 2011).
- World Health Organization. Cancer. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs297/en/index.html (accessed 12 January 2011).