This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (9 SEP 2015)
Desmopressin acetate (DDAVP) for preventing and treating acute bleeds during pregnancy in women with congenital bleeding disorders
Editorial Group: Cochrane Cystic Fibrosis and Genetic Disorders Group
Published Online: 30 APR 2013
Assessed as up-to-date: 14 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Karanth L, Barua A, Kanagasabai S, Nair NS. Desmopressin acetate (DDAVP) for preventing and treating acute bleeds during pregnancy in women with congenital bleeding disorders. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD009824. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009824.pub2.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 30 APR 2013
This is not the most recent version of the article. View current version (09 SEP 2015)
- Inheritance and bleeding in factor XI deficiency. British Journal of Haematology 1988;69(4):521-8. , , , , .
- DDAVP treatment of diabetes insipidus during pregnancy and the post-partum period. Acta Endocrinologica 1981;97(1):23–5. , , , .
- Management of women with inherited disorders in pregnancy. The Obstetrician and Gynecologist 2007;9(1):27-33. , .
- Chapter 9 Analysing data and undertaking meta-analysis. In: Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , , .
- Pregnancy in female with inherited bleeding disorders. Treatment of Haemophila. World Federation of Hemophilia, no 29,2003:1-5. .
- Haemorrhagic problems in obstetrics and gynaecology in patients with congenital coagulopathies. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1991;98(9):909-18 . , , , .
- Chapter 8: Assessing risk of bias in included studies. In: Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , .
- Altman DG on behalf of the CSMG. Chapter 16: Special topics in statistics. In: Higgins JPT, Green S (editors). Cochrane Handbook of Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.1 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , ,
- Management of pregnancy, labour and delivery in women with inherited bleeding disorders. Haemophilia 2011;17 Suppl 1:20-30. , .
- The obstetric experience of carriers of haemophilia. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1997;104(7):803-10. , , , , .
- Pregnancy in women with von Willebrand's disease or factor XI deficiency. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1998;105(3):314-21 . , , , , .
- The obstetric and gynaecological management of women with inherited bleeding disorders--review with guidelines produced by a task force of UK Haemophilia Centre Doctors' Organization. Haemophilia 2006;12(4):301-6. , , , , , , et al.
- Mechanism of plasminogen activator and factor VIII increase after vasoactive drugs. British Journal of Haematology 1975;30(1):81-93. , , , .
National Academies Press 2001
- Committee on Strategies for Small-Number-Participant Clinical Research Trials, Board on Health Sciences Policy (The National Academies Press). Small Clinical Trials: Issues and Challenges (2001). www.nap.edu/catalog/10078.html (accessed 19 September 2012).
- von Willebrand disease (VWD): evidence-based diagnosis and management guidelines, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) Expert Panel report (USA). Haemophilia 2008;14(2):171-232. , , , , , , et al.
- DDAVP use during pregnancy: an analysis of its safety for mother and child. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 1998;53(7):450–5. .
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). 5.1. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.
- The use of prophylactic desmopressin (DDAVP) in labor to prevent hemorrhage in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. New York State Journal of Medicine 1991;91(6):268–9. , , , .
- DDAVP® Nasal Spray (desmopressin acetate) (2007). http://products.sanofi.us/DDAVP_Nasal/DDAVP_Nasal-spray.pdf (accessed 13 March 2012). .
- Government viewpoint of clinical trials. Drug Information Journal 1982;16:10-7. .