Community-based, population level interventions for promoting child oral health
Editorial Group: Cochrane Public Health Group
Published Online: 16 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
de Silva-Sanigorski A, Prosser L, Hegde S, Gussy MG, Calache H, Boak R, Nasser M, Carpenter L, Barrow S. Community-based, population level interventions for promoting child oral health (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD009837. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009837.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 16 MAY 2012
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
Primary research objective
To determine the effectiveness of community-based population-level oral health promotion interventions to prevent dental caries and periodontal disease in children.
Secondary research objectives
- To determine the most effective types of interventions (environmental, social, community, multi-component) and guiding theoretical frameworks.
- To determine interventions that reduce inequity in oral health outcomes.
- To examine the influence of context in the design, delivery, and outcomes of the interventions.
- To provide recommendations for population and community-level interventions.