Interventions for improving outcomes for pregnant women who have experienced genital cutting
Editorial Group: Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group
Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
Assessed as up-to-date: 8 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Balogun OO, Hirayama F, Wariki WMV, Koyanagi A, Mori R. Interventions for improving outcomes for pregnant women who have experienced genital cutting. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD009872. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009872.pub2.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 28 FEB 2013
- Female circumcision comes to America. Atlantic Monthly (10727825) 1995; Vol. 276, issue 4:28. .
- 432 Somali women's birth experiences in Canada after earlier female genital mutilation. Birth 2000;27(4):227-34. , .
- Effectiveness of interventions designed to reduce the prevalence of female genital mutilation/cutting. Kunnskapssenteret. Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services, 2009. , , , .
- Female circumcision in Somalia and women's motives. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica 1991;70(7-8):581-5. , .
- Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: Data and Trends Update 2010. Washington, DC: Population Reference Bureau, 2010. , .
- Sexuality issues in the movement to abolish female genital cutting in Sudan. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 2006;20(1):121-38. .
- A modified test for small-study effects in meta-analyses of controlled trials with binary endpoints. Statistics in Medicine 2006;25(20):3443-57. , , .
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011. Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org. , , editors.
- The practice of female circumcision among Muslims in Kelantan, Malaysia. Reproductive Health Matters 1999;7(13):137-44. , , .
- Female genital cutting practices in Burkina Faso and Mali and their negative health outcomes. Studies in Family Planning 1999;30(3):219-30. , , , .
- Female genital mutilation - experience of The Royal Women's Hospital, Melbourne. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1999;39(1):50-4. , , , .
- Management of female genital mutilation : the Northwick Park Hospital experience. BJOG: an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 1995;102(10):787-90. , , .
- The long-term reproductive health consequences of female genital cutting in rural Gambia: a community-based survey. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2001;6(8):643-53. , , , , , , et al.
- Female genital mutilation in Africa: an analysis of current abandonment approaches. Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH). Nairobi, 2005. , .
Population Council 2002
- Frontiers in Reproductive Health Population Council. Using operations research to strengthen programmes for encouraging abandonment of female genital cutting. Report of the Consultative Meeting on Methodological Issues for FGC Research. USAID, Frontiers In Reproductive Health, Population Council. Nairobi, Kenya: Frontiers in Reproductive Health, Population Council, 2002.
- Female Genital Mutilation: a Guide to Laws and Policies Worldwide. Center for Reproductive Law & Policy, RAINBO, 2001. , .
RevMan 2011 [Computer program]
- The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration. Review Manager (RevMan). Version 5.1. Copenhagen: The Nordic Cochrane Centre, The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011.
- The use of intrapartum defibulation in women with female genital mutilation. BJOG: an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 2001;108(9):949-51. , , , .
- Defective sexuality and female circumcision: the cause and the possible management. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research 2003;29(1):12-9. , .
- Female genital cutting: implications for nurses. Nursing for Women's Health 2007;11(4):366-72. .
- Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: A Statistical Exploration. New York: The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), 2005. .
- Female Genital Mutilation: Integrating the Prevention and the Management of the Health Complications into the curricula of nursing and midwifery. A Teacher's Guide. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001. .
- Eliminating Female Genital Mutilation: an Interagency Statement. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008. , , , , , , , , , .
- Numbers of Women Circumcised in Africa: the Production of a Total. Calverton,MD USA: Macro International Inc., 2008. , .