Maternal consumption of xylitol for preventing dental decay in children
Editorial Group: Cochrane Oral Health Group
Published Online: 14 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 The Cochrane Collaboration. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Richards D, Duane B, Sherriff A. Maternal consumption of xylitol for preventing dental decay in children (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD010202. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010202.
- Publication Status: New
- Published Online: 14 NOV 2012
This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
- To evaluate the effects of xylitol (consumed by mothers) at reducing tooth decay in their children compared with alternative treatments (e.g. chlorhexidine, fluoride varnish, placebo, or no treatment).
- To assess 1 above (caries reduction in populations) at different levels of baseline caries risk.
- To assess any reported changes in bacterial levels (of any species) in children/mothers.
- To describe participant satisfaction levels.