This is the protocol for a review and there is no abstract. The objectives are as follows:
To determine if administration of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) and/or aspirin is effective as chemoprevention for colorectal adenomas and carcinomas in patients with previous colorectal adenomas and/or those who have genetic predispositions, compared to currently available other agents or no intervention and to assess adverse effects associated with the intervention.
The following hypotheses will be tested:
1. NSAID and/or aspirin is better than no intervention
2. NSAID and/or aspirin is better than a placebo/sham intervention;
3. Aspirin with combination of resistant starch is better than no intervention;
4. One type of NSAID is better than another type;
5. Increased dose of NSAID and/or aspirin is better than another dose.